At AWharton Planning, we engage in positive-sum urban and resource planning. Our particular areas of expertise are:
- Resource management and statutory policy making
- Community engagement and facilitation
- Urban development and growth frameworks
We can assist you with:
- Getting a resource consent from the regional council, city council or district council
- A plan change under the Resource Management Act
- Concessions from the Department of Conservation
- Submissions on policy and plan documents
- Project management of your development, or managing components of your project
- Advice on the best actions to take to achieve your goals
- Engaging with affected parties: neighbours, iwi, local/regional/central government agencies, community groups, etc.
- Teaching you how to 'do it yourself'!
The planning environment can be fraught with bureaucracy, hidden costs, expensive consultants, delays and plan hurdles. We can show you options that will save you time and money, and get better outcomes, in the long run.
We're unable to assist with any projects within the Thames-Coromandel District, as we do work for the Thames-Coromandel District Council. Conflict of interest otherwise, basically. We're also not currently available for any major projects. But if you have something small, get in touch.